Monday, September 5, 2016

Fostering some Love for RC

While I was sleeping the Sleep of Rip van Winkel this summer, I missed the grandest mail-art holiday of the season: Richard Canard's 75th surprise m-a birthday bash!  But it was not for the trying of RC's correspondants, Jon Foster. Jon shipped me a great invite and preparatory packet to get me set to help the crowds celebrate the Olde Geezer (Hey, he IS slightly older than me!).

And it's not like I could possibly have missed Jon's missal, dressed up in bright lemon yellow with red polka dots, livestock pieces and parts, Old Glory, and some silly critters that look like they should be hunted down with the Pokemon.


 This nice bunch of literary confetti inside is setting me up for the big announcement:



"Now you do it!!!" Would have been simple, and appropriate, and fun even. But I was AWOL and didn't do it. At least. not in time for the big day.
 
 Jon even provided a really excellent add-and-pass opportunity in the form of an invitation to fill out a portrait of r.c.'s countenance:

And just to let me understand the depth and breadth of the big upcoming celebration, Jon included a sheet of gorgeous Richard C 2cents worth stamps from the press of Cascadia Artpost. Makes me wonder if these could be the Cascadian equivalent of S&H Green Stamps for use at Walmarth.


And then, finally, the actual secret announcement which I am publishing herewith because, after all, it's no longer classified, and I don't own this mail server anyway.



 And finally, an ATC-size playing card for playing Old Maids with former 1960s fashion models.


Cooooool stuff. Thank you, Jon, and thanks for helping to host the big party. Sorry I missed it, but in case you haven't checked the FB page lately, below is my portrait of rc, our profound poet laureate. It will snail-mail it's wait to Richard with a basketful of my love!




No comments:

Post a Comment