Friday, December 19, 2014

A Sweet Get-Well Card from Judy Staroscik







Mail Art always makes my day, but this one really was just what I needed today.  I am one week post-surgical reconstruction of my right foot, and today I was supposed to have had the huge heavy plaster cast I'm wearing replaced with a lightweight fiberglass model. But such is life and predictability in the holidays season, and my cast replacement has been rescheduled for Monday.

So, I was feeling achy, immobile, stifled and cranky when Rob handed me this cool envelope. It's a nice little note-size envelope cut from a piece of decorative cardstock, simply ornamented--but look closely at that crazy text-like stamping on the front.


Inside is this:


A tasteful, elegant earthy-toned card with a layered sheet of checkerboard-design paper that appears to have been printed (?) or even stamped (?).  The centerpiece is a flower built up of many layers of die-cut paper which is covered with printed text: tiny, tiny text. I had to scan it and enlarge it on my 27" monitor before I could identify it as bits of pages from a dictionary--perhaps one of those "compact" OEDs that requires you to have personal electron-microscope goggles to read. A weirdly fascinating effect, and beautiful.

Open the card brings me to this:






A sweet thoughtful card with some unique uses of micro-text, both in the rose and in that stamp on the envelope. Love it! Thanks, Judy and Joey.

No comments:

Post a Comment