Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Mysteries Deepen, But the Mail is Stunning! Meeah Williams?









This arrived in my mailbox just before Halloween, and I have simply waited until I felt I could say something about it that would do it justice. I haven't gotten there yet, but I really must put it "out there" for others to appreciate. From a simple discarded scrap of newspaper, the artist, who is nowhere identified (not even a postmark!) has created a richly colored and textured world of glyphs, design, asemic visual poetry, and a playfully perfect envelope!

Correspondent DeVillo Sloan had received a similar piece at about the same time, and his sleuthing skills led him to deduce that the perpetrator of his piece of this puzzle was none other than his DKULTNY compadre, Meeah Williams. As I read the fine print beneath the beautiful artwork I see advertisements for businesses in New York City, so it might just be true that the this is the work of the Brooklyn Beauty Bomber!


The innards of the envelope go no further towards revealing the artist-author, but clearly continue the revelation of some really very fine mail art.





NaDa kLoNe  continues the rich color scheme and use of newspaper as substrate, but this piece is a patchworked collage with a printmaking component of a female face as the focal point. It's a gorgeous juxtaposition!.





Next comes 3 Peeks into the garden.  A page torn from a spiral-bound journal is stitched-up with three panels of heavy paper, each an abstract miniature of a bit of a flower-garden-of-delight.

Meeah, if this is your work, I am so grateful you have graced me with this gift. Whoever the artist is, I thank you and hope that I can and will repay you with a piece you will cherish as I do this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment