Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Bubble-less Trash Bauble from Lynn Radford



I'm always happy to get mail from my old hometown (Pittsburgh, Pa.), and Lynn  Radford will always be beloved in my heart for finding a perfect re-use for those obnoxious, frustrating, landfill-filling blister packs that the packaging devils have so successfully filled our lives with. She makes wonderful Trash Bubbles! I suppose she has recently managed to deplete her supply of bubble-stuff (which could, of course, be easily resupplied by a trip to any corner drug store or, especially, WallyWorld). Nonetheless, there is no end of the trashflow needing to be re-purposed into grin-inducing objets d'art, so Lynn has produced a lovely trashcard.


She notes that this should be considered "clearance scrap:" trying, I suppose, to get the ephemera detritus off the studio work surface so she can be prepared to construct new bubbles once they appear in her shopping card. Thanks so much, Lynn. Nope, the cast is not off my leg yet, so I have lately been deprived of exposure to price tags, SKU tags, and the other sticky tokens of consumption. Thanks for reminding me what is going on out in the real world! Hugs to a home-girl!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, shucks! (blushing) Thanks for the most complimentary write up! Must get back to Bubbles... folks have been clamoring for them. We've got ten inches of snow in the back yard... I wonder if you miss it? (((Hugs back at'cha!)))

    ReplyDelete