Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dualing Doodles: A book of dreams from Rebecca (and, Diane by proxy)

I must have fallen down a rabbit hole. Have I been gone long? Or maybe I have been in the sleep of Rumplestiltskin...

At any rate, I have been recalcitrant about blogging incoming works for a few weeks, and have been downright stupendously feloniously negligent in making and mailing new art myself.  Well, I'm awake again, so let's start a little catch-up...


This lovely 'lope came from Rebecca Guyver. I am a sucker for trees...a proverbial tree hugger...and this mighty specimen printed on a sea of green bolstered by washi-tape wonderment is sweetly serene. And a note promises a book inside!






And while lost in trees I stumbled upon this card thanking me for participating in 'Becca's Spirit of the Forest call.  And that spirit is captured in this piece of colorful ink and/or paint on a much folded crinkled bit of clay-coated magazine page paper.

But the meat of the message is to be found folded neatly into a book form, and it is a printed copy of a doodle exchange in which Rebecca has extended original works from Diane Keys...forcibly reminding me that I, myself, have been derelict and owe Diane and others my own over-doodles of their under-doodles. And here is that book of Dandy Doodling:








There are stories in these pages! So, dear blog-reading friend, can you tell whose doodles are whose? I think I can...not certain, of course, but here's a hint. One of these artists is a full-time Kult Kween and the other is an art educator.

Hope everyone who reads this will have as much much fun with this bookie as I have had just imagining all the stories it could be telling. Thanks for sharing, Rebecca, and thanks for instigating, DK.

3 comments:

  1. Always great to see Rebecca's (I guess Becca is starting to stick) "fine art."

    The doodles are tremendous - a nice mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dan,what an elaborate blog! Doodling is about the only thing I'm managing time for I think you are absolved from return doodles with this high praise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting Dan! i'm entranced by the treevelope as well. just got a Willow tree stamp even though I'm not big on stamps. Look for more doodle collabs between Rebecca and me. they are such a nice break from mail art efforting

    ReplyDelete