Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Off to the Races, with Mail-Art Martha


The British are Coming!  The same day I received mail art from Rebecca Guyver, I also received this fat envelope from Mail-Art Martha (MAM). I love that it is a newspaper page with a headline about postal complaints!



MAM knows well that I am a horse person, and that I have been deprived of horseplay now for nearly four months while recuperating from some surgery to rebuild a wonky foot. And bless her!!! Bless her for bringing me some equine cheer. Now I do love riding and I do love just being around horses, but I am not a gambler, and I don't go to the race track, so some of this horse-racing paraphernalia is just a mystery to me, but as trashpo raw-material-gleanings it makes perfect sense!



Among the racing forms and lottery tickets are a sweet little notecard with a personal message and a post office receipt for mailing the last message I got from MAM.  Now maybe this is a sign to pass the latter onward and see how likely it is to come back home to Kent.

Finally, but certainly not leastly, is a print of one of Martha's wonderful horse drawings. This one a Camargue. And the print is mounted on a truly sweet bit of mail-art featuring DKULT and a hurdle jumper.



Thank you again and again, MAM. And big hugs are coming your way through the vibrasphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment